Monday, February 26, 2007

It's Official, I'm Addicted to Seed Starting

This is my first official year of seed starting! Last year, I started seeds a little late in the year but I promised myself that I would start earlier this year. Yesterday, I planted some long thin cayenne peppers. Those will be super spicy. I'm planting them for my dad for father's day. He loves spicy foods and I hope this plant will produce a lot of peppers for him to eat!!!

Tomorrow, I have the day off so I'll start some more seeds! I'm going to start Kung Pao Peppers today and I'll give my dad those plants too. He'll have a variety of peppers to choose from! I also plan on starting the following:

  • Kung Pao Peppers
  • Onions White Lisbon Bunching
  • Impatens
  • Eggplant Black Beauty
  • Marigold Safari mix and dwarf mixed
  • Chamomile
  • Catnip
  • Echinacea
  • Nicotiana (white)
  • Larkspur
  • Sweet William

I'm so glad I got enough peat pellets from Wally world. I got several boxes of Jiffy-7, 72 peat pellets in each box. It ended up costing me around $.05 per peat pellet! What a deal!

I'm also going to finish packing the seeds for my trade with quartney from yougrowgirl.

No comments: