Sunday, February 3, 2008

Garden Update


White Impatien Flower (Click on picture for larger image)


Red Impatien Flower (Click on picture for larger image)

Salmon Colored Impatien Flower (Click on picture for larger image)

I started some impatien seeds this winter for houseplants and they've started to bloom. Amazingly, they're three different colors: pink, red, and white. I just wanted to show everyone my first bloom of my impatiens. They're gorgeous. I'll eventually repot them into larger pots to allow them to grow a little bigger. I'll probably use terra cotta pots since I like the look of terra cotta.

Yesterday, I started some more seeds. I started some herb seeds (thyme broadleaf, rosemary, catnip, chives, oregano, and lemon balm) in these small ice cream pots you get at the grocery store. I also started some more swiss chard-bright lights in peat pellets. I was so excited when I got these as an exchange from my garden buddy, Mary Ellen. I've always wanted to try these and was going to get some at the store next time I was out. Luckily, I got my seed package in the mail before that! I also started my first flower seeds as well. I started some stocks 10 weeks, wonder eggs, hosta, and snapdragon (first ladies mix). I'm excited to see how the wonder eggs and hosta will do. I have a bit of shade in my garden and am hoping the hosta will do well there. Here's hoping...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You've got more than just a green thumb, I think your whole hand must be that color. Gorgeous plants! Thanks for publishing pictures, it's nice to see green plants and flowers this time of year.

Gardening for Fun said...

Thanks for the compliment. I just recently started gardening and I'm still learning.