Saturday, March 3, 2007

Transplanting of Cool Season Crops

Today, I transplanted all my cool weather transplants. I transplanted my pearl onions, chives, Swiss chard, lettuce, radish, and spinach seedlings outside in my garden. When I transplanted them, I watered them with a diluted solution of fish emulsion. I'm attempting a technique called, "square foot gardening" and it's wonderful b/c everything has a space and I can grow even more. It's so neat and orderly! I'll have to get my camera out and take some pictures. I hope they’ll mature by the time my hot weather plants need to go in (cucumber, eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes). I now have more room on my grow light shelves for other seedlings such as pepper, tomato, more onions, flowers, eggplants, basil, etc.

I planted more seeds outside today in cell packs and the window cell pack I had the onions, lettuce, radish, and swiss chard in. I'm leaving them outside for awhile since the weather has been so nice and mild (high 60's and low 40's). Here's the list!

  • Purple Opal Basil
  • Sweet Basil
  • Zinnia, Giants
  • Zinnia, Giants of California
  • Zinnias, Classic White
    Zinnias, Dwarf Thumbellina
  • SnapDragons, First Ladies Mix
  • SnapDragons

No comments: