Monday, March 19, 2007

Peas and Seeds...

Yesterday, I decided I hadn't had enough seedlings so at around 9:00 pm (you know you're addicted to gardening when you start seeds at around bedtime), I started some more:

  • Impatiens
  • Poppy Shirley Red
  • Bok Choi (seeds I got from a ygg)
  • Thai Basil
  • Purple Opal Basil

I found that peas need to be wound around stakes or string on a daily basis. I find myself early in the morning, with my knees on my rectangular foam pad twisting the pea plants around the string I hung from the fence. The peas seem to grow a couple of inches everyday so this pea routine is an everyday thing. The early mornings are relaxing for me. I find I can do a lot of things early in the morning (putting away dishes, making the bed, picking up around the place, laundry, etc). It's a time I cherish. I get to go around and look at all my plants in my garden and on my grow light shelves.

No comments: